Pages

09 November, 2008

Alpaca Lace Scarf

Clearly I like the crumpled look, because even after blocking it still looks that way. White lace looks so frothy and fluffy, and the little zig-zagging edge makes it even better.










Pattern: Rectangle in Leaf and Trellis Pattern, Victorian Lace Today (Ravelry link)
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Lace in natural, less than 2 skeins
Needles: 3 mm

It only took a year to finish, but finally it got done. Maybe will be a Christmas present for somebody. Being such a slacker, it usually works better for me if I don't decide something is a present until it is done.


Modification: making the Large Rectangle in Leaf and Trellis Pattern with only one repeat made it a scarf instead of a shawl.


The chart had two extra stitches on the one side of the chart, which made the lace leaves wider on that one side (left side of the chart). Attempting to be helpful, I tried to write a comment about that on the pattern page in Ravelry, but at that time there was no function for reporting problems. So now it looks kind of wrong where it is, like I am saying something negative. I feel bad about that, and maybe I can get them to remove it. I was not intending to say anything negative, because I love this pattern! And this gorgeous book!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks just LOVELY. I'm so glad you posted the blocked pictures. I've kept your blog bookmarked and kept checking this whole year thinking surely you'd return and let us see it. It was worth the wait! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nydelig sjal! Faktisk finest nå det er blokket ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brava, The Lace, She's Magnificent!
    Seriously, So very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Så lekkert det ble. Dette burde du jo beholde selv, men gir du det bort så blir det en flott gave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out beautifully!

    P.S. Pippi is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the scarf, and agree - white alpaca is frothy indeed - loved using it on my Sweet Germaine scarf. ....and the pattern is surprisingly similar to Alice Starmore's Seaweed Wrap that I just started ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Aren't those so fun to knit?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeg vil gjerne få ønske deg og dine en riktig God Jul!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Er stadig innom deg Hege. Nå vil jeg gjerne få ønske deg og dine et riktig Godt Nytt År! Takk for det gamle og for dine utrettelige gode tjenester! Klem!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Har du sluttet å blogge...? Savner deg!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Så lekkert sjal, og eit fantastisk mønster:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so inspired that I started my own scarf version of the same pattern, using Misti Alpaca Lace, but in coriander green. I've done a few repeats and see what you mean about the extra two stitches. What did you do about them? Did you keep them or did you remove them?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janice, I ended up keeping them, because I didn't want to go back. But if I make this again, I would probably remove the extra stitches. Removing them will give a lighter appearance and adding two on the other side would give a more solid appearance.
    Sorry for the delay in my response, I was on a trip and off-line :)

    ReplyDelete